What is Camp Artemis? Camp Artemis is open to all girls in 5th - 12th grade and focuses on developing leadership skills through Outdoor Education. With adult staff guidance, youth staff members (ALTA – Artemis Leadership Training Adventure) have worked throughout the year to develop plans for the camp. These include hiking, backpacking, archery, swimming and outdoor skills. We believe that the 11 facets of leadership are best taught in a setting where outdoor living and outdoor fun are the focus; and the skills learned are easily applied during daily camp activities. Camp Artemis is a unique experience because unlike most day camps and Girl Scout camps, Camp Artemis is run by girls for girls. A typical day at Artemis may include swimming, sing-alongs, phase pride, legends, archery, ceremonies, hiking, camp spirit, and much, much more.
$100 non-refundable deposit is due at time of registration--balance must be paid in full by May 1.
Important Camp Details:
• Mandatory camp orientation June 22, 2019 from 9:00AM to 2:00PM.
• Reunion Saturday August 24, 2019 from 9:00AM to 2:00PM.
• Campers are expected to attend the course in its entirety. Late arrivals will not be accepted unless approved by the Camp Director. Early dismissals for health and injury reasons only.
• Campers must bring all equipment on the list, If this poses a hardship, please contact the Camp Director.
• The Camp Artemis Medical Release Form is due May 1, 2019. We will closely analyze the special needs to see if accommodations can possibly be made within the constraints of our food service, site, and budget.