Work with local media to promote Girl Scout membership opportunities as well as highlight the impact girls are making in their communities.
Service Unit PR Coordinator
Want to get involved spreading the word about all the awesome things that Girl Scouts are up to? We want your help!
Join us as a PR Coordinator and you can:
Utilize social media to promote Girl Scouts.
Generate awareness of upcoming events, such as Girl Scout Week and the Girl Scout Cookie program.
PR Coordinators are supported by Girl Scouts of California’s Central Coast’s marketing team. You can reach us at email@example.com.
Here’s how you can become a PR coordinator:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your experience with PR and why you want to help get girl’s stories out in the community.
- One of our GSCCC Marketing team members will hop on a call with you to discuss brand guidelines.
- Get to sharing awesome Girl stories with your community media contacts!
Check out some of the coverage in your area!
- Thousand Oaks Acorn, Rachel Wright Gold Award - Scout Makes Mural for Simi Shelter
- VC Star, Mall Storefront Opening – Girl Scouts open cookie store at The Oaks mall
Santa Barbara County
- Santa Barbara Independent, UCSB Earth Science Day – Girl Scouts Take UCSB
- SB Family & Life Magazine, Natalie McCaffery Gold Award – Girl Scout takes computer science into the field
San Luis Obispo County
- Paso Robles Daily News, SLO Cookie Rally Recap – Local Girl Scouts Attend ‘2019 Cookie University’
- Monterey Bay Parent, Girl Scout Cookie Program – Girl Scouts: Cookies, yes! But also so much more.
San Benito County
- San Benito Live, GS Loves State Parks – First ‘Girl Scouts Love State Parks’ Weekend Announced
Santa Cruz County
- Santa Cruz Sentinel, Memorial Day – Memorial Day Observance Honors Military Who Sacrificed Their Lives