Be a Troop Leader in 6 easy steps!
1. Apply Now:- Complete a volunteer application online, which includes a background check.
2. Become a Member:- Register with Girl Scouts of the USA.
3. Get Connected:- You will be contacted by your local Membership staff for information about getting your troop started, once you have completed the online application.
4. Get Trained:- Complete online training GS 101; Read Volunteer Essentials; or attend a face-to-face class.- Learn all you can about the program level you will be leading by reviewing the Quick Start for your grade level.
5. Stay Connected: - Attend monthly meetings with the neighborhood group of Girl Scout Troops (Service Unit). You can network and get ideas and help from other leaders, volunteers and staff in your area.- Expand your Girl Scout knowledge through additional training (Leaderama, Online Webinars).
6. Manage Troop Finances:- Set up a troop bank account.