Our Delegates have been chosen and are ready to lead Girl Scouts of California’s Central Coast as a National Council Delegate during the 2017 National Convention and for a term of three years.
However, all Girl Scouts are invited to attend!
Check-Out the Convention site.
About our National Council Delegates
Delegates must be:
- a United States citizen
- a registered member of the Movement
- 14 years of age or older
- available to attend the National Council Session (October 4–6, 2017) in Columbus, Ohio
Delegates must commit:
- to participating in delegate training sessions offered by the council
- to a three-year tenure as a delegate
- to participating in National Council Session follow-up activities
- Strategic thinking - Demonstrates ability to think in terms of long-term goals and objectives that advance the Movement as a whole. Is future-focused.
- Communication - Expresses ideas and facts in a clear manner.
- Experience - (policy influencing or policy making) Has participated in annual or board meetings.
- Demonstrates understanding of difference between operational and policy decisions.
- Has knowledge of Girl Scouting (local and national)
- Has knowledge of Girl Scouting at the council level, and knowledge of the Movement.
- Decision making ability to analyze issues from a council and national perspective.
- Demonstrates ability to weigh options and consider ramifications.
- Adaptability - Demonstrates flexibility when new information is brought forward. (Comes to the session informed but not instructed.)
- Team building - Promotes partnerships. Has commitments to the team approach.
- Will support decisions of the National Council once made.
- Listening/representation ability to collect input from local stakeholders to inform strategic decision making and represent these communities at the national level.